Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Daycare schmaycare

We checked out our church's daycare yesterday. I've heard only wonderful things about it. After meeting the staff in the baby room and getting a tour, I agree that it truly is wonderful. The two women who work in the baby room have been there for a long time--one 4 years, the other 9, so the staff turnover seems to be pretty nil, which is always a good sign.

There were 4 babies there of varying ages, and all seemed to be very happy. One of the little boys bumped his head while we were there, and I liked how the staff responded to him by comforting him, and sending him on his way to play very shortly after.

The room is pretty small, but I wouldn't want a bunch of babies crawling far out of my sight anyway.

The staff women were very nice, and they're willing to try using our BumGenius diapers.

They won't make me pay in the summer since I'm off, which is hard to find.

The two down-sides: They don't do part-time, which is what I really wanted (but is also hard to find), and they're pretty expensive.

I teared up a little while we were there. Perhaps because I could picture Colin there, and because all the babies there seemed happy. Perhaps because in 26 days, daycare is a reality.

Since it's so hard to find a place with an opening at all, I think we're going with this place. Just gotta make the call and reserve our spot!

2 comments:

Triana said...

I hear ya on how hard it is leaving your little one. CJ's first day is next Thursday and I am so heartbroken.

I am glad you found a great place for Colin. You have been very lucky to have spent so much time with him!

leah @maritalbless said...

Make the call! :)