Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hungry, hungry hippo

Colin used to be a "small, frequent meals" type of guy. Now he's a "large, frequent meals" type of guy.

I'm not so sure I can keep up with this, but I will try my darndest! We have already broken into the freezer stash the past few evenings because he has gotten all he can from nursing and is still hungry.

I don't mind that he wants to eat more in the evenings, because a) it *might* mean he will sleep longer at night, and b) when we start rice cereal--possibly in a few weeks--his evening meal would be a GREAT time to introduce it if he's so hungry at that time!

He's growing so fast. It'll be interesting to see what he weighs at his appointment in 2 weeks. He's at least 14 lbs. Probably 15ish by now. Which means we need new diapers. Which means--shopping! And this is the age when apparently the "sized" cloth diapers are starting to be a good investment because they can wear them for awhile. So I'm waiting for my fave etsy shop to stock up on diapers (hopefully soon!). I bought only 12 prefolds in the next size, with a few new covers, including this one from mommy's touch. It's called "moo!!" (Do you see why I love to cloth diaper?)
I'm thinking we should invest in some fitted cloth diapers because he's such a wiggle worm, and it's getting harder and harder to put prefolds on him. Fitteds need covers, thus the super cute print above ;) Plus...I admittedly stink at putting on prefolds, and Colin's explosive poos bust out of my diaper jobs. Kev is WAY better at diapering than I. He knows it, I know it, and that's why he's the one who changes diapers if he's home to do it! Whatta guy :)

1 comment:

stephie said...

Colin is going to be so stylish in his moo underpants!!