Sunday, August 23, 2009

Craziness surrounds me.

So much, in fact, that they have to be numbered, or chaos will ensue.

#1. My parents were up this weekend. My mom helped me get some stuff done in my classroom. Now I don't feel so far behind. My dad helped Kev do two jobs, which are so awesome they deserve numbers all their own.

#2. He helped Kev put in ceiling lights in our bedroom and office, which is a big deal, because we hated having our whole house lit by lamps. Kev wasn't looking forward to crawling up in the cramped attic with all of its insulation, but now he's glad it's over forever.

#3. He also helped Kev rip down the gutters (which, by the way, the previous homeowner drilled holes in above the plants so they could get watered. What's the point of having gutters then?) because we're getting new gutters AND new shingles tomorrow! Yee-haw!

#4. Colin had his first tastes of rice cereal. He figured out the spoon right away, and kept opening his mouth searching for more. I'm going to gradually make more of it, and gradually make it thicker, too. I'm hoping this is the last piece of the get-him-to-sleep-longer puzzle. Pictures to come...

#5. Tomorrow marks the first day of inservices, which means it's Colin's first day of daycare. If I can accurately predict my emotions, I'll be sad for about an hour and feel guilty the rest of the day. On Tuesday, I imagine I'll be over it (assuming all goes well tomorrow), because I know daycare will be really good for Colin's social and emotional development. I've already told myself I'm not going to call the daycare, because that'll make it worse. If his "teachers" need something, they can call me.

And all this adds up to me hitting the hay early tonight. Like now.

1 comment:

stephie said...

I hope all went well for you. Was today better? Way to go on having such a productive weekend! Love ya.