Wednesday, February 4, 2009

29 weeks: Butternut Squash

Baby Rain now weighs about 2.5 pounds and is a bit over 15 inches long. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and his head is growing bigger to make room for his smartypants brain. I've got to make sure I get all my essential vitamins and minerals because his nutritional demands are increasing. I might also have to regularly partake in drinking milk during snack time at school because his bones are soaking up calcium like a sponge.



On Monday while I was watching The Bachelor online (I'm a week behind because Kevin gets the TV on Monday nights to watch 24), I hooked up my iPod and put the headphones on my belly for a little brain stimulation for baby. I tried to stay from crappy music (that I enjoy and hence is on my iPod, but Rain shouldn't be influenced by it at this early of an age) and stick to the classics like Bruce Springsteen and John Mellancamp. Rain's favorites (determined by the amount of movement going on) were songs and artists like "Minnesota Boy" by Jake Donze, "Santeria" by Sublime, and sadly, "What a Girl Wants" by Christina Aguilera. I wanted to change the song when I saw Christina had popped up, but there must be some good bass in it because Rain liked it. Oh well. I'd really like to get a classical baby music CD or something so he'll arrive in this world ready to play, at the very least, Chopsticks on the piano. ;)

Jess update: Here we are on Saturday at her shower. This is the last picture of the two of us together pregnant, because she might be getting induced right now! Keep her and Tony and Baby P. in your thoughts. I am so excited for them!

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

Lol at Christina! I'm guessing sex based on musical taste. Jk

I don't see much change lady, you're still cute and closer to 30 weeks!