Friday, December 2, 2011

Appointment

Notice: Not a midwife appointment. She was in a delivery. Quite sad, but at least it just reminds me that when it's my turn, she'll be there for me too!

So I saw a doctor. Stats:
Baby's HB: 148 bpm
Belly: 39 weeks
BP: good
Cervix: 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced
Station: still high
Cankles: OMG, the cankles. The doctor asked me if I was sure I didn't twist it. I think I'd know if I did, thankyouverymuch.

She said it's unlikely Snowflake will be born this weekend. Depressing.

Perhaps I can prove her wrong. There's snow coming tomorrow. Crazier things have happened.

And the difference between a doctor and a midwife regarding being GBS+:
Midwife: "Don't worry about it....It's your right to deny the antibiotic...If you don't have time for it, it will be okay...If your labor is fast again, the chances of baby getting sick are very low..."
Doctor: "Be your own advocate. Tell those nurses you're GBS+ so you can get that antibiotic."

::shakes head:: Oh Doctor, how little you know about me. Give me back my Midwife, please.

No comments: