Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chiropractor

Ben and I went to the chiropractor on Monday to get our bodies all straightened out from the trauma of child birth :)

Ben did great! He didn't have any big kinks or areas of concern.

I'd been having some pelvic pain, especially when I lie down or sit for a long time. My hips were also hurting after lying on my side for extended periods at night. Dr. S. said my pelvis was looser than he'd like to see at 1.5 weeks after giving birth, but said it would tighten up soon. As for my hips, I wonder if it's not because of the tendonitis in my hip flexors.

After our adjustment, I got the luxury of sitting in the massage chairs. Taking a little rest in the chairs is encouraged so your spine can rest after it gets adjusted, but as a family, we skip this part. Colin is with us and we're in a hurry to get home. So having a 20 minute chair massage was awesome.

I've noticed that my pelvis doesn't hurt as much now. I'm ready for my hips to go back to normal though :) I should be saying Ben is what is waking me up at night, but in reality, it's the hips.

No comments: