Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Colinese

Today I treat you to the latest edition of Colinese. It's getting easier to understand what he's saying. Here are some common phrases we hear these days:

I wanna wats Mittey Mouse Bubhouse. = I want to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse--his newest obsession
Deers! = Cheers (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse related)
Boopa Deers! = Super cheers (see above)
Buva me up. = Cover me up.
Me not! = I'm not!
Banno = piano
Mama I wan a witto nat = Mama, I want a little snack.
I wan ammo dotohs/dinka wata. = I want animal crackers/drink of water
Mama mating buppa. = Mama making supper.
Oh ummy! = Oh yummy!
Mama, you mate doon {oo making the sound like in good} buppa = Mama, you make good supper (<3)
Nuffing! = Nothing. Usually in response to, "Colin, what are you doing!?"
Dangoh. = Jingle (his stuffed animal husky pup)
Bissmiss whites! = Christmas lights
Bossy = Frosty (the snowman)
Woo doff = Rudolph (the red nosed reindeer)
What you want? = What do you want? He says this when he's playing kitchen and wants to know what we want him to make us to eat.
Doe-on = corn
Bo-ak = fork
Mife = knife
Dewwee = jelly
Bip = dip
It has no daywuh on it = It has no trailer on it (referring to tractors, trucks, etc. Kid loves things that pull other things).
Dide = slide
No pants = snow pants
Boop = poop or scoop
I wuff Mama/Daddy = I love Mama, I love Daddy
Woddet = Rocket
Mama dit he-ah, Daddy dit he-ah, Dowin dit he-ah, Woddet dit he-ah, Baby dit he-ah = Him telling us where we're sitting.

Typing it out makes it look like he talks baby talk. But you really can understand most of what he says. At least I think so... :)

And the stories he tells. He always rehashes the story of when I cut my finger while cutting bread with a bread knife, and how I cried and said "OWIE!" He's a bit overly dramatic in his retelling though ;)

No comments: