Thursday, December 1, 2011

39 weeks

39 weeks Snowflake vs. 39 weeks Colin
How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +33 lbs
Size: Mini watermelon, or 20 inches and over 7 lbs.
Baby Development: "Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth...The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath." (From babycenter.com)
Best moments this week: When I left work today, I felt at ease knowing I'd done pretty much everything I wanted to get done before I leave.
Movement: Slower, and more like nudges than jabs and kicks.
Food cravings: None
Food aversions: Nothing anymore. Although I can't eat too many sweets or I feel like throwing up.
What I miss: Not having round ligament pain, not feeling like my pelvis bone is going to bust, alcohol, a more flexible wardrobe, deli meat, orange juice, not feeling like I have to pee every time I stand up, sleeping on my back.
Stretch marks?: None that I can see.
Maternity clothes?: I wear maternity pants and a mix of maternity/non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: Sweaty, but good. I got rid of that pesky body pillow and I'm a much happier person :)
Belly button?: Flat, and slightly out
What are you looking forward to this week?: Isn't it obvious? Having a baby!! I'm getting very uncomfortable at the end of the work day. Today I made a stack of copies from a tall stool I parked in front of the copy machine.

Tomorrow afternoon and evening I'm going to recreate then night before Colin was born. I am going to leave school telling myself it was my last day and I'm done. I have a midwife appointment, then I'm going to my co-worker's house (different one than last time). I'm going to eat a brownie, drink an orange pop, and bounce on her exercise ball. Then I'm going to go home and eat some pizza. Then that night I will wake up with contractions. :) Things will be a little different since I'm bringing Colin along to my friend's house and I won't be staying out until 8:30 like I did last time. But it will be close enough!

So with that, wish me luck that it really happens. A 12-3-11 birthday sounds pretty fun.

1 comment:

grandma J said...

Good luck, I will wait by the phone, hope it rings!!