Wednesday, November 5, 2008

16 weeks--Holy Guacamole!

First, the belly pictures. This morning, they were taken by Kev and his mad photography skills. Hard to compare between this week and last. I thought I was turned the same way I usually am, and lo and behold, I'm not.





Raina is now the size of an avocado! She's about 4.6 inches and 3.5 ounces. The anvils, hammers, and stirrups are forming in her ears, which means she can now hear my voice. That means a lot less swearing and a lot more book reading, I guess. Kidding about the swearing mom. I don't do that. ;) Her eyebrows, eyelashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and her taste buds are forming.

K-mom and I went shopping this weekend. I needed a mood lifter (long week at school that only a fellow teacher would understand), and a onesie was what was going to do it. We hit up Burlington Coat Factory (my first time there--they seriously are more than great coats!) and the mall. The weekend after Halloween= great sales on Halloween onesies, so I took a risk and bought a few. The one in the middle is from BCF and it says "So cute it's scary" and the bottom of the ghost costume lifts up. The one on the right is from Baby Gap. A candy corn with the words "short and sweet." Who could resist? The onesie on the left is from Auntie K-mom, who also couldn't resist. There's a giraffe on the front and it says "watch me grow," then the butt is a giraffe face. Raina loves it already and thanks you for your unnecessary generosity. She also says, "Being with my mom would've been more than enough. xoxo, Raina."

3 comments:

stephie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
leah @maritalbless said...

You're missing one thing from your title "Batman!" :)

But Holy crap woman! You're packing 4.6 inches?! Good luck with the swearing, I mean reading part. :)

Your clothing choices are as cute in picture as they sounded!

AJ said...

Stephie, just so you know, I deleted your comment only because it had our last name in it. That's all! I love reading your comments :)