Friday, November 21, 2008

Update

I had my 18 week OB appointment today. Short 'n sweet. My BP's good, I've gained 3 pounds since the last appointment which makes a grand total of 10 pounds thus far. Right on track, thankyouverymuch. Rain's heartbeat was 152. What was once a noise barely above a whisper has now grown into a talking volume. The nurse commented on how active he is. Once again, he was moving and kicking around. I reassured her that this is his active time, and also forewarned my midwife when it was her turn to listen to his heartbeat. Once the doppler was on my belly, she said I was right and thanked me for the warning. I made an appointment for a 21 week ultrasound on Dec. 12, which is the same day I go to the MN Zoo for a field trip (oy). You see, I like to schedule appointments on field trip days so I have something FUN to look forward to. Although I truly hope the zoo trip will be fun. I just can't guarantee it.

Car accident update: My chiropractor wants to see me twice a week for awhile. He did a scan on my back, and my spine from my shoulder blades up was definitely misaligned. The very lowest vertebra was also out of line. I have two appointments with him next week, and we're going to discuss a chiro closer to home that I can visit for my second appointments of the week. There's no way I'm driving one hour one way twice a week after working for 8 hours. The good news is that I don't have to pay for these appointments. We're still working it out through the insurance companies to hopefully bypass the part where I have to hand over money to my chiro. Hopefully we can work it out where it'll be submitted directly to whatever insurance (hers, my car insurance, my health insurance) will do it. Whatever.

Kev and I both had baby dreams in the past few nights. My latest dream was that I looked at my belly and could see a clear outline of a foot pressing against my belly. Next thing I knew, I was holding a 3-6 month old baby BOY (again). I can't remember what Kev's was about. He usually doesn't remember many details.

No comments: