Wednesday, November 12, 2008

17 weeks: P.U.! (updated)

Baby Rain is now the size of an onion. That makes him 5.1 inches and 5.9 ounces. His skeleton is hardening, changing from cartilage to bone, and fat is accumulating around it. His fingerprints are in place. Hopefully we won't need to be putting ink on them too many times in his life.

I think I can feel him move. It's mostly in the evening, when I am no longer up and about constantly. The light flutters I feel are always in the same spot on the right. It's also easier to feel him if my legs are closer to my chest so that I "squish" him. I know it's mean, but it's too cool to NOT do when I haven't felt him for awhile.

I had my first baby dream last night. Rain (not Raina) was born at 17 weeks (yikes), but he was healthy and so cute. I was going to my 6 week appointment after the birth, and put Rain in the backseat of the car, in his infant carrier, but that was on the floor, not in the base that's attached to the car. When I realized this, I was obviously flustered that I didn't think of putting it in the base. My mom was with me, and as we walked into the hospital for the appointment, I told her that I didn't remember anything about the birth. I remember walking into the hospital, and the next thing I remembered was being at home. So maybe that's my subconscious' way of telling me, "It doesn't hurt that bad! You won't even remember the pain!"

Here are the pictures of the week. The fogged-up look is due to the fact I had just taken the camera out of Kev's truck, which had been sitting in the cold garage all night. Cold camera + warm house = foggy lens. One of these weeks, I'll take a decent picture.

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

That's um, an interesting dream you had . . .

Lol at PU. Can't wait for the belly pic!

They're growing so fast!

leah @maritalbless said...

Holy schmoly! Look at your boobs!