Wednesday, February 11, 2009

30 weeks: Squash/Cabbage

75% done baking, Raina is the size of a squash or a head of cabbage. She's about 15.7 inches and weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that will decrease as she gets bigger. White fat deposits under her skin are forming, giving her a surge of energy. During this month, all five of her senses become fully functional.

I will post belly pics here this afternoon.

I notice that my balance has been off recently. Especially when it's dark, like when I get out of bed and can't walk in a straight line right away. Call me a drunken sailor! And my energy *may* be decreasing. We'll have to see what the following week or so brings and see if it increases again.

On Friday, we "celebrated" Rocket's 2nd birthday. My poochie pie is growing up :( Here are some pictures.
A mandatory party hat picture:

Birthday treat--Frosty Paws!


This past weekend, I spent the weekend in EC with four of my bestest friends: Brooke, Kristin, Laura, and Steph. It was very fun. I bought a onesie I couldn't resist from Baby GAP. It's light blue-green and it has a picture of a chicken on it. And what does it say? "Spring Chicken" !! Way too cute to not buy. No picture to be found on gap.com though...sorry. :( The girls and I went to the mall, made upside down pizza, and just hung out and relaxed. I let them feel and see Raina moving around. That's something I always wanted to feel/see before I was pregnant, and never got a chance to. Can't wait for next year when we get together again!

1 comment:

stephie said...

I can't wait too!! Thanks for sharing your belly with all of us!