Thursday, February 12, 2009

30w1d Belly pics

I don't have to go to work/school today due to icy roads. It's always fun to have a "surprise" day off, but it's not fun today because I was going to give 2 tests today, 1 test tomorrow, and I had a principal observation scheduled for today. Now I have to reschedule my observation (and keep the same lesson because I've already over-planned it out, and I'm not going to do that again). I also have to give 3 tests tomorrow (spelling, math, and reading) which is NO fun on Friday the 13th/Valentine's Day party day. It also is so not cool because snow days are racking up...so far we've had 3. This means that the likelihood of having to make up at least 1 at the end of the year is a definite possibility, and that means one less day that I get paid since I won't be there.

But these are small consequences that I can live with if I'm safe and sound in my home, along with all of the students, my co-workers, etc.

How will I spend the day? I might see if I can go see my midwife today instead of at tomorrow's appointment. I'm pretty sure she's in on Thursdays. I might do some laundry. I wish I could do something fun and baby-related. I think the closest I'll come to that is maybe figuring out what to do with all of my Jafra crap. Do I take it work and see if anybody wants it? Craigslist it? Throw it away? Makeup and beauty products don't last forever. I've already thrown the stuff I know isn't good anymore away. Hmmm....thoughts?

And the title of this post is called belly pics. I suppose I should get to those :) Here I am in my snow day clothes this morning! I had already showered when I got the call. Bummer.



And here's where I show off. This is a blanket I finished knitting last week. Kevin can attest that a few times there were curse words thrown at it, and by the time I was finished I had knitted, taken out, and re-knitted about 10 rows of it. But it was all worth it in the end.

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

Curse words add beauty to a baby blanket. :)

I love that you wish you hadn't showered for your belly pic! lol. Still cute.

We're growing babies.