Wednesday, February 18, 2009

31 weeks: 4...count 'em...4 navel oranges

This week, Raina measures over 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 lbs, which is the equivalent of about 4 navel oranges. Oranges seem to be a running theme here. First of all, 16 short weeks ago, back in week 15, Raina was the size of a navel orange. She was only 4 inches long and 2.5 oz at the time. Oh how she has grown! Back then, she was moving, but I couldn't feel it yet. Let me tell you, it sure felt like 4 oranges were tumbling around in my belly last night. After a long night at school due to having conferences (all the while, Raina was perfectly quiet), I got home at 7:45. I watched a little Biggest Loser, and I went to bed shortly after 10:00. I had to get up to go to the bathroom at 3:18, and didn't *really* fall back asleep after that. SOMEONE decided it was a perfect time for some acrobatics. For 3 hours. I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Today I'm running on 5. ::sigh:: It's going to be a long day. And yes, I know it's just a warm-up of what's to come. Back to oranges...last of all, I love them. They are undoubtedly my craving. I eat one at least every other day, if not every day. They serve as dessert many nights. Yum yum yum.

This week, Raina is supposedly heading into a growth spurt. I suppose that means I'm going to be eating like a horse this week. Bring it on! She can turn her head from side to side, and she's plumping out as fat accumulates. Oh...and the website says this, and I quote: "[She's] probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy." My respective comments: "You don't say?" and "Oh good! At least the loss of sleep is worth it to know this."

Belly pictures:

No comments: