Friday, February 27, 2009

Snow day #4

With all of the "thunder snow" we got yesterday, I had a feeling we'd have a snow day today. I hadn't gotten a call yet at 6:10 this morning, so I made my way to the computer. I moved the mouse, and with my eyes only open a small slit to hide my poor pupils from the light of the screen, I typed in my school district's website and saw the little announcement box confirming what I had expected. I crawled back into bed with my cell phone, and whispered to Kev, "no school." His reply? "You're kidding." No, no I am not. 5 minutes later, the calling tree made its way to me. This is always reassuring, because you just don't believe it until you hear or see it twice.

Sucky thing is, we're missing a field trip to the science museum today. We'll hopefully be able to find a day to reschedule it.

The last 3 "Snow days"--which were actually "cold" and "ice" days, I admittedly wasn't very productive. I mostly used those days to browse and buy diapers and covers on the internet. These were needed items, so I guess my whole day didn't go to waste. But today is different. Today I have 4 goals:

1. Fill out and send transcript requests to the 3 schools I've taken graduate classes from. My teaching license expires this summer, and I need the proof that I've taken 6 credits since graduation. I plan on spending a bit of time over spring break applying for my license renewal.

2. Clean out the closets in the baby's room. At least the stuff I have a place for. Even if that place is in a pile elsewhere in the room. For instance, the itty bitty baby clothes pile.

3. Order a cake (details in a future post)

4. Make my way to my midwife this afternoon for my 32 week appointment :)

Extra credit: Make some homemade cinnamon swirl bread

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

Dude, you should totally put more focus on the extra credit! :)