Friday, February 27, 2009

Checkity check

Midwife appointment stats:
Weight: up 4 lbs from last appointment 2 weeks ago. Lay off the sweets, girl!! Total: 20 lbs. All along, I had been calculating with my starting weight as 2 lbs lighter than what my midwife was using. So...now we're on track :)
BP: good
Baby measuring: perfectly
Heartbeat: 140ish
Baby's position: head down (I assume. She asked me where I felt kicks, I showed her, she didn't say anything about those not being kicks)

I told my midwife that everyone says I'm so tiny. She said that I'm right where I need to be. America is a fat nation who expects her pregnant women to be huge. The baby's growing just fine, and everything is wonderful. She said labor is easier without the baby having to maneuver through all the "fluff" (yes, that was her word) of extra weight. Thank you, marvelous woman, for telling me this.

She asked me if the kicks I was feeling were boy kicks or girl kicks. I told her my dreams said boy, but I say girl. I asked her what they were telling her. She said she goes by the dad's personality, and what she thinks he will be cute with (this makes me chuckle). So...she predicts boy. We didn't elaborate any more than that, but I'm very curious about her methods. Calm & patient dad = boy? High-strung & worried dad = girl? Hmmm...

Now...how'd my checklist go for the day?
#1. Transcripts: Done by 8:15 a.m. and in the mail
#2: Closet: I tried to get into it, but I got overwhelmed. I decided I didn't just want to pile things around the room. I'd rather have them stay in the closet. I may still work on getting non-baby things out of there this weekend, though. Instead, I folded up gift bags and tissue paper from the work shower I had on Monday that I hadn't put away yet. I also put together the bouncer seat I received at the shower, and hung itty bitty baby clothes without hangers on the side of the crib.
#3: Cake: ordered. I hope they get it right, or it'll end up on cakewrecks for sure (see blog list to the right).
#4: Midwife appointment. Obviously done.
Extra Credit: none. Maybe later this weekend.
Total score: 3 out of 4.

I did also go to Target today to exchange a fabric organizer box thing that I got at one of my showers. The stitching was loose on it. No receipt = I had to do the 3-exchanges-in-1-year-with-my-drivers-license hooha. Target, I love you, but you stink. It's an EXCHANGE! While there, I expanded my maternity wardrobe with a much-needed long-sleeved grey t-shirt to wear under shirts that are just too dang short.

No comments: