Wednesday, April 15, 2009

39 weeks: Mini watermelon

Yes, that's right. We've reached the watermelon stage. Rain is hanging in there waiting until he's ready to come out, and it could be any day now. He's probably measuring about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 lbs. The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath, just like ours does out here.

Every night now, Kev and I take a walk around the neighborhood. Our 'hood is set up in five differently-sized circles, so we can go on very short walks or longer walks. I've been choosing the longest circle to keep things moving along. Although I noticed yesterday that I'm slowing down quite a bit. I can't quite walk as fast comfortably as I used to be able to (last week!). I'm continuing to have crampy contractions sometimes throughout the day, and my cankles that usually lessen at night are becoming more of a temporary permanence. That's not good.

Yesterday at work (crabby day...see last post), a few of the other teachers said I've noticeably dropped. Although technically I dropped before last Friday's appointment, it's now more apparent to others. What do you think? Here's belly pics:
Make sure you get your vote into the expectnet poll. After yesterday's "off" feeling and nesting-induced crabbiness, we might be reaching the end and you don't want to miss out on guessing!

1 comment:

stephie said...

I'm anxiously waiting for the arrival of baby Forrest!! Can't wait! I put in the order for your gift yesterday...sorry so late. Love ya.