Friday, April 10, 2009

Midwife Appointment Stats

My weight: Down 2 lbs, which I guess is normal at the end. Total weight: 26 lbs. But then Kev and I went to Culver's for dinner, and aside from my Butterburger with cheese, I also got a sundae, so now I'm probably back up those 2 lbs. ;)
BP: A bit high at first, but a few minutes later, nurse Alex re-checked it, and it was lower (whew! the evident cankles gave me a scare!)
Belly measurement: smaller than last time, which once again is normal at the end.
Baby's HB: 140. Midwife almost made me cry when she said, "remember the first time we heard it and it was in the 170s? Now it's a full-term baby in the 140s."
Baby's weight (a guesstimate): In the area of high 6 lb/low 7 lb
Baby's length (another guesstimate): Long
Cervix: 1+ cm dilated, Baby's head is at 0 station, which means definitely no more floating around! An illustration, if you're curious...
And then Midwife said how perfectly everything is going, and how my body build is perfect, and everything I'm doing is perfect, and we're going to have a perfect birth, and then I really did cry. I think she wanted to make me cry to make sure my hormones were working correctly. Yeah, they are.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

haha we went to Culvers today too! So exciting! you're so close!

stephie said...

Yay for baby Forrest! I can't wait for you to meet Rain(a)!!! I can't wait to meet baby too! Love ya.

leah @maritalbless said...

I'm glad your hormones are perfect as well! :) SOOO anxious for you!