Friday, April 17, 2009

The latest

Midwife appointment this afternoon went a little something like this:

My weight: Up 1 lb, 27 lbs total.
BP: Good the first time this week! Cankles are not as canklicious as I thought they were. Midwife complimented me on how swollen they aren't. She also said that the water building up in my body is released by way of either pee or sweat. Hence, I found out why I've been such a sweaty pig all night long for the past 3 months. I had chalked it up to sleeping with a third "body" in the bed...my body pillow.
Belly measurement: 36 cm. Baby has dropped more than he/she was last week.
Baby's heartbeat: 148ish
Now the exciting stuff...
Cervix: 2+ cm, 90% effaced, baby's head is still at 0 station. Midwife said that people work long and hard to get where I'm at.
Contractions: Still very irregular, but definitely intense. They pick up when either I a) get a bit physical...which these days just involves picking something up off of the floor. or b) rest.
So...tomorrow's game plan is to take it E-Z. We're going just up the road to take a look-see at some blinds for baby's room, and I might go get a pedicure (reflexology anyone?). Beyond that, my plan is to lay on the couch and hope for some consistent contractions. 

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

Good thing you're so laid back. Your plans are changed!