Thursday, April 16, 2009

Contraction Action/People are dreaming about me.

Contraction action, what's your fraction? ((???))
I woke up at 3:30 am this morning to go to the bathroom, and then went back to bed. I had a hard time getting back to sleep though because I had 3 episodes where I think I was contracting. Then I fell back asleep eventually, and woke up just before 6:00. More contracting.

Today...all day long...I had contractions that made me stop and go hmmmm? Maybe 1-3 about 5 minute apart. Then they'd stop, another hour would pass, and repeat. I hugged my students goodbye "just in case" I'm not there tomorrow, and I called Ms. W. to give her the heads up "just in case." I probably jinxed it.

I called Midwife to tell her about this, being GBS+ and not quite knowing if my game plan still followed the 5-1-1 rule. It does. And that scares me because I want to be sure I have enough time to get to the hospital, get hooked up, receive my 2 doses of penicillin, all before having baby. I've talked about it before. I was born in 7 hrs. If that happens here, time is of the essence. I may follow the 6-1-1 or 7-1-1 rule instead. Shhh...don't tell Midwife. In labor or not, I'll see her tomorrow because I have an appointment in the afternoon. If she tells me I'm still 1+ cm dilated, I'll scream.

It's weird when people dream about you giving birth
My co-worker had a dream about me having the baby this weekend, and she not being on the immediate notification list and being so sad when she came to work on Monday and found out I'd had the baby.

My principal also had a dream about me going into labor on Saturday and having the baby on Sunday.

2 dreams, both about baby's arrival on Saturday. I'll take it. There is a storm a-brewin' for the weekend. A high pressure system is coming in. Could be.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Come on baby!!! get on out!! i wanna see tri blow a fuse! lol.

Nlvaden said...

oooo tri would be madddd! I hope your baby comes out! GL!

leah @maritalbless said...

Yay for contractions. I do hope there's been more progress!