Saturday, March 19, 2011

Developing Memory

This week, I taught Colin how to do the Chicken Dance. I know, I hate that damn song/dance too, but it's so fun for little kids. He loves to do the dance. Today we were at the park and Colin and I were up on the playground equipment. Rocket climbed up onto the equipment too, and he didn't want to go through the tunnel to get to us, so I told Colin that Rocket was being a chicken. So what does Colin do? The chicken dance, of course!

******************************************************
We checked out 3 books at the library on Tuesday. Two of them are Curious George and the other is a lift-the-flap book about opposites. We have read them at least once a day since Tuesday, and today Colin opened up the Opposites book and started reciting the opposites: clean/dirty, sad/happy, wet/dry, hot/cold, upside down (but not right side up). It was one of those moments where I had to call Kevin to quickly come see.

******************************************************
Yesterday before we left to pick up our pottery, I told Colin that we were going to pick up the painting he made. Then he started to "tell" me that he had paint on his hand and he put it on the plate.


It just amazes me that all of a sudden, he remembers events that happened days ago. I love to watch him learn and recall what we do, see, and read.

No comments: