Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break Day 3

This morning Colin and I hit the store bright and early to buy some cookie ingredients. I gave Colin a quarter, and he decided he wanted to buy a banana with it, so that he did. He gave the cashier his banana and his quarter like a pro. Then we came home and played outside for awhile. We saw the neighbors again and chatted. We got a ride in Mr. L's golf cart, just a half a block away and back.

After lunch Colin took another decent nap while I baked chocolate chip cookies. It was Kevin's mom's birthday today so I made her a largish chocolate chip cookie. It was the perfect size to fill a paper plate. I practiced my decorating skillz and wrote happy birthday on it.
Once Colin was awake, we went to Kevin's parents' house to hang out with the birthday girl. Colin got to ride on the snowmobile. He loved that, no doubt about it! Every time Kevin's dad would make a circle around the yard and stop up by the house again, Colin would ask for more. He probably rode around for a half hour or so. The boy loves things he can ride on.

We got home around supper time, hung out, and then it was bed time. Colin has been on a night time bath strike (we can get him to take a bath in the mornings, which isn't always convenient!), so we moved on to getting his pajamas on. He was goofing around and not listening, so I started giving him choices as I undressed him (socks off first or shirt off first?). He was not having any of it, and was throwing a huge tantrum. Finally I got him to calm down and he was in a good mood again, but would not get his pajamas on. I don't know who or what possessed me to ask him if he'd rather wear undies or a diaper, but I did. And he chose undies. And then I couldn't take it back. He hasn't been waking up dry recently. Nevertheless, he went potty one more time, I prepped his bed (sheet saver on top, a flat changing pad under his sheet, and the pre-existing mattress cover), and bribed him because that's what good moms do. I told him if he kept his undies dry all night long, we could get him some Curious George pajamas that we saw at Target. Night time potty runs will be a lot easier if we have some 2-piece pajamas. So....here's hoping!!!!!!!!! The worst case scenario is I end up changing sheets and pajamas and putting on a diaper in the middle of the night, right? Good thing it's spring break and I can sleep in a little if I need to!

3 comments:

stephie said...

Good luck tonight! I'm glad to hear you are thoroughly enjoying your time with your little man. You deserve it! See you soon!

grandma J said...

So how did that go?

AJ said...

He slept all night and woke up in a pool of pee. I sprung out of bed as soon as I heard him, but apparently it wasn't quick enough. Eh, easy clean up. I think I'm still going to give him the choice.