Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snow Day

It's inevitable. Every March, the snow starts melting and you think spring is right around the corner. Then BAM! Another snowstorm just to bamboozle you right out of your spring jacket. And so it was.

School was canceled today, so Colin and I stayed home. We didn't do much. We played inside and outside. Colin wanted to stalk the plow around the neighborhood in his car stroller thing, but I didn't allow it. I spent a few minutes here and there designing his birthday invitations. I will reveal them once they are distributed in the mail. All I can say is I love them and thank you to Leah for her expertise in deleting backgrounds from pictures and her general designing knowledge :)

After lunch and nap, we played some more. Then we went to Walmart to pick up the invitations, which got tossed at the store because the writing on the top got cut off at printing. Back to the drawing board on that one.

After Walmart, we went to the bank where I deposited a good amount of piano lesson money into our Explorer loan account. I hope on all my hopes that I can continue to use piano lesson money towards the Explorer for the next two months and squeak a few extra hundred dollars in before summer comes along and I don't have students anymore. Being that there's only two months left, it won't be much, but every little bit helps! I just wish I would have thought of doing this sooner. I guess I did, but just didn't commit to it.

Kevin was home when we got home from the bank, so I tweaked the invite and ordered it again. I haven't gotten them yet because Walmart's photo department is closed for the night, but I'm super anxious to see them!

Although it was uber productive, I hate snow days this time of year. I want warm and sunshiney days. Enough of winter.

No comments: