Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life's Little Updates

(poop free)
Debt:
Well, we're not getting back as much money from taxes as we hoped. Still, it's enough to reduce our car debt by 25% so who am I to complain? I've also decided that all piano money from now until forever will go directly to the car payment. I'm teaching 5 weeks of summer school this summer. We were hoping that money could go to Family Means, but it looks like at least the first check, if not also the second, will be going towards the car. After the car is paid off, all extra money will go to Family Means and we can get the ball REALLY rolling.

Piano lessons:
I'm kind of sick and tired of teaching them, to be quite honest. Right now I have 2.5 students! The .5 student takes lessons every other week. What's the point? I mean, IF everyone shows up, that's $125 a month, which isn't a lot, but it goes a long way. However, a lesson or two get canceled every now and then and it's less than that. I wanted to teach until our debt was paid off, but now I'm not sure if I'll be teaching at all next year.

Running:
What running? Good God, the Triathlon is 2 and a half months away! Why would I bother to train for it? Oh yeah...because I'm sick and tired of running on the treadmill. I was thisclose to gearing up to try running outside, but I'm currently sickish AGAIN! I'm beginning to think it's allergy related since it happened in the spring and the fall. I lose my voice and everything. Going to bed by 9:00 is my treatment, and it may be working, because today I had more voice. In all honesty, I can run 2 miles straight off the bat, so that's a big start. I just have to pump up the tires on my bike and hit the pavement. With upper 40s in the forecast, I may be able to try soon.

School:
My classroom is infested with ringworm and lice. YAY! The worst part? The girl, E, who has ringworm has had it for a LONG time and we just found out about today! Her brother has had it for a month. Yesterday, we had spring pictures at school and E said her head itched. With the lice outbreak I'm also dealing with, I decided to lift her hair where she said it itched and noticed a BALD SPOT! I had no idea what it was, but thought maybe it was psoriasis or something. I never thought to think of freakin' ringworm! And I touched it! That stuff is contagious, and she was in school today!

The lice. Oh the lice. R has had lice 4 or 5 times this school year. Her mom is pretty diligent about treating it, but it seems to come back every few months or so. I've completely limited the use of my listening center. Then, yesterday while the students were lined up to get their pictures taken, one of my aides said that C told her her head itched. So I went and looked at the top of her head and I could see the nits. I gave her a VIP pass to get her picture taken first and I scooted her to the office. She went home yesterday and came back today. I sent her straight back to the office to get checked and sure enough, they were still there, so she went home again.

::heebie jeebies::

Other than that, and the political uncomfortableness, school is fine. We got a "contract" to sign today, but it's more like a "you-have-a-job-until-we-decide-you-DON'T-have-a-job" type of deal. We'll find out by June 1st if any lay-offs have to be made.

I hear the kindergarten class coming up to 1st grade next year is a trainwreck. So that will be fun!

Spring break is next week!!! YES! I have no plans. My previous plan (potty training) got canceled :D So my schedule is open to fun times with the little dude. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for us to be outside.

1 comment:

stephie said...

Enjoy your week off with the little guy! Keep up the training...I need you to finish with me...you can do it! The warmer weather will help a lot!