Friday, March 4, 2011

Potty Training Diaries: Days 14 & 15

Yesterday I got a call at work. My caller id said Sandy's name. Two scenarios were about to unfold: puking toddler (again), or potty-pooping toddler (fingers crossed). And the winner is....pooping toddler! Colin's not big on talking on the phone yet, but I did praise him and told him how proud I was of him. When I picked him up that afternoon, Sandy had more good news to share. He didn't have any "real" accidents, just two slightly damp pairs of undies from peeing and then holding it. He also was telling her "potty" when he had to go! :D

Today was great too! No real accidents. He didn't tell her he needed to go, but he still went when she made him go. After daycare, I was brave enough to venture out to the bank and the gas station before hitting the safety of home. We made it dry as a bone.

This evening, he told me "potty" twice.

We're getting there, people, we're getting there! So much so that now that we've cleared that last hurdle (pooping at daycare), I will be sure to blog about other happenings, and just do one final hurrah! post when we've sealed the potty training deal.

Now it's time to get serious about what the heck I do with his worn out bumgeniuses.

No comments: