Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break Day 4

We started off the day with a wet bed. The undies were no match for him. Good thing it was 6:10 and he was ready to be awake anyway.

Kent Hrbek made an appearance at our grocery store to promote the upcoming Twins season, and was all about going. I grabbed a new baseball at the entrance to the store and we stood in line. Kent was parked by the steaks, and we were standing by the Caribou. The lady who came to stand before us had the gall to ask me, "Are you even old enough to remember the ('87 & '91) World Series?" I quickly came back with, "Yes I am!" (The NERVE right?) I wanted to tell her that I may have been young, but I remember Kent Hrbek's 1st base play and Kirby Puckett's home run like it was yesterday, but she started talking about how she and her husband went to Atlanta after the '91 series and the people there were making excuses for not winning. Whatevs, Lady. Luckily the line moved quickly, and Colin was Mr. Content checking out all the baked goods in the bakery along the way. Knowing that our neighbor, Mr. L., is a big baseball fan, I told him about Kent so we saw him there as well. Colin was more starstruck to see him there than Kent. Obviously. We got the baseball signed and came home.

We played outside a lot because it was the nicest day of the week. A lot of snow was melting, which makes me so happy. I love seeing the grass, even though it's pretty nasty.
Being St. Patrick's Day, our town has a parade. There are a lot of full-blooded Irish families here, so I guess it's a big deal. We're not Irish that we know of, but that doesn't stop us from taking part in the festivities! Colin and I walked to the parade. When we got there, it hadn't started yet, and he didn't really want to be there. But then he saw tractors and horses lined up at the beginning and that peeked his interest enough to stay. He loved to look down the road to see what was coming next and tell me about it.
And the candy! he was excited about that too.
Colin chose to wear diapers to bed, which made me much more at ease about night time (read Day 5 to see how that all panned out).

No comments: