Thursday, November 24, 2011

38 weeks

Happy Thanksgiving!
38 weeks Snowflake vs. 38 weeks Colin
How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Holding steady at +32 lbs
Size: Leek, or over 19.5 inches and 6.8 lbs.
Baby Development: "She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb." (From babycenter.com)
Best moments this week: I signed up a piano student for my January session, and potentially 1-3 more (a set of triplets!). I'd really like to get another group of 5 started. We went out to dinner at Famous Dave's last night, using a gift card. It was our last dinner out as a family of 3. I also really enjoyed that chiropractor appointment.
Movement: All the time. Stretching, yoga, booty shakes, you name it. I feel a little foot or knee or something pushing out all the time. I like to play with the foot/knee and move it around :)
Food cravings: None
Food aversions: Nothing anymore. Although I can't eat too many sweets or I feel like throwing up.
What I miss: Not having round ligament pain, not feeling like my pelvis bone is going to bust, alcohol, a more flexible wardrobe, deli meat, orange juice, not feeling like I have to pee every time I stand up.
Stretch marks?: None that I can see.
Maternity clothes?: I wear maternity pants and a mix of maternity/non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: Sweaty, but good as long as I keep my body pillow doubled up between my legs and I don't have to get up to attend to Colin's requests (water, potty) in the middle of the night.
Belly button?: Flat
What are you looking forward to this week?: The long weekend, spending some time getting ready for Snowflake, and my midwife appointment tomorrow. I'm anxious to see if there has been any progress.

Please remember to make a guess in the poll. If I have any say in Snowflake's arrival, you only have about a week left!

No comments: