Thursday, November 17, 2011

37 weeks

37 weeks Snowflake vs. 37 weeks Colin
How far along?
37 weeks (Hellooooo full term!)
Total weight gain/loss: +32 lbs. (honestly, I don't think I've been subtracting right for awhile. My weight has been the same for a few weeks now).
Size: Swiss chard, or just over 19 inches and 6 1/3 lbs.
Baby Development: "Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb...Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: My long term sub came on Tues and Wed this week, so that's off the checklist of to-dos. She feels comfortable with everything, and is ready whenever she needs to be!
Movement: All the time. Stretching, yoga, booty shakes, you name it. I feel a little foot or knee or something pushing out all the time. I've noticed most of the poking movements are on my right side now instead of both sides. Maybe that means Snowflake is all bundled up in there now instead of straddling my stomach.
Food cravings: None
Food aversions: Nothing anymore. Although I can't eat too many sweets or I feel like throwing up.
What I miss: Not having round ligament pain, not feeling like my pelvis bone is going to bust, not snissing, alcohol, a more flexible wardrobe, deli meat,
Stretch marks?: None. I do believe my linea nigra has appeared, but it's pretty light.
Maternity clothes?: I wear maternity pants and a mix of maternity/non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: Sweaty, but good as long as I keep my body pillow doubled up between my legs and I don't have to get up to attend to Colin's requests (water, potty) in the middle of the night.
Belly button?: Flat
What are you looking forward to this week?: My Midwife appointment tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to have her check me unless she thinks I've dropped. I might also nest around home and school.

Speaking of midwife, my stinkin' Group B Strep test came back positive again. Ugh. I'll chat with Midwife tomorrow to see what my options are. I don't mind getting the penicillin IV, I just don't know if it's in Snowflake's time schedule this time around. And I hated wearing the IV (with nothing attached to it) in the tub because the tape lost its stickiness in the water and got in the way.

In case you're wondering, I have not packed a bag yet. I may throw a few things in for Snowflake this weekend, because that's super fun, but I'm not quite ready to "be ready."

1 comment:

grandma J said...

Can't wait to meet the new little Miss or Mister!!!