Thursday, November 10, 2011

36 weeks

36 weeks Snowflake vs. 36 weeks Colin

How far along? 36 weeks (wait, when did that happen?!)
Total weight gain/loss: +29 lbs.
Size: Crenshaw melon, or 18.5 inches and almost 6 lbs.
Baby Development: "Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day...She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: I went for a walk with Colin in the dark and he looked up into the sky and asked, "Mom, what is dat?" They were the stars. We're usually inside when it's dark and although I'm sure he had seen them before, he's now at the age where he notices things like that and asks about them.
Movement: All the time. Stretching, yoga, booty shakes, you name it.
Food cravings: None
Food aversions: Nothing anymore. Although I can't eat too many sweets or I feel like throwing up.
What I miss: Not having round ligament pain, not snissing, alcohol, a more flexible wardrobe, deli meat
Stretch marks?: None. I do believe my linea nigra has appeared, but it's pretty light.
Maternity clothes?: I wear maternity pants and a mix of maternity/non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: Sweaty, but good.
Belly button?: More flat than out.
What are you looking forward to this week?: My Midwife appointment tomorrow. Yay for cervix checks and Group B Strep tests! (Speaking of which, cross all your crossables I test negative this time). And we're going down to Roch this weekend for the last time before Christmas.

No comments: