Monday, November 21, 2011

I {was} a hurtin' unit

Since about Friday I've had horrible pain in my upper pubic bone. Snowflake must be dropping and putting lots of extra pressure on things down there. It hurt so bad I had a hard time getting up out of bed, out of a chair, and walking. When I slept, I had my body pillow folded in half between my legs just to give the bone some relief. Up until last Friday, I was hop, skipping, and jumping around.

If you've ever broken/bruised your tailbone, it's like that but in the front. Not cool.

Luckily I had a chiropractor appointment this evening. Dr. S. is a miracle worker. He asked me how things were going, and where I was hurting. I told him about my pubic bone, thinking he couldn't actually do anything about it since it's not my spine, but he said he could fix it! So after an awesomely long and thorough adjustment, he used his little tool to loosen up the round ligaments attached to my pubic bone. Apparently they were all twisted up or something. And now? Relief.

I'm just hoping it lasts until either:
a) baby moves and doesn't put pressure in that area anymore or
b) next Thursday, which is our next appointment

I heart my chiropractor.

No comments: