Friday, November 18, 2011

Midwife appointment

BP: Good
Baby's HR: 144 bpm
Belly measurement: 37 cm
Official (office scale) weight: Same as last week.
Cervix: I decided not to get checked.

Midwife said not to worry about the GBS being positive. Hopefully my labor will be quick again, and the less time the baby spends down there, the less chance s/he will contract it. They can always test the baby for it after birth and treat it then. She seemed not to be worried about it at all, so I won't be either.

She asked me if I've packed my bags yet. I said no. She said to tell her when I have so she can be ready.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can't believe how close you are getting...it seriously feels like last week we were having that picnic in Edina with pink and blue plates and napkins!

Also, my doctor told me she's delivered plenty of babies without the meds in mom yet and everything still turned out wonderful...they will just keep a close eye on snowflake so your midwife is right, don't worry one bit :)