Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Millions of peaches,

peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free. Look out! This baby is growing like mad. I'm at 13 weeks now, and the baby is about 2.9 inches and .81 oz. Rain(a) is forming teeth and vocal cords this week. His/her head is becoming more proportional to his/her body, and the intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to inside his/her tummy. On Saturday I enter into 2nd trimester. I hear it's fabulous. Let's hope so.

Rain(a) and his/her and he/she is getting a little redundant. I may have to alternate posts calling "it" a "he" in one and a "she" in the next. So when you see that, don't go thinking we know the sex. Because we don't and we won't find out until the big arrival.

I've decided that I will be telling my principal the big news on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank God I can finally get this out in the open. I have a pre-observation meeting, an observation, and a post-observation meeting with her next Wednesday and Thursday so they present the perfect time for a one-on-one news-sharing session.

A co-worker is having a baby soon; she's due next week. We were supposed to give the new mom and dad some advice by writing it on a paper teddy bear. All the paper teddy bears will be put together in a book. I had no idea what I could possibly say, not being a "real" mom yet, so I found a quote that said, "Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they're already asleep." --H. Jackson Brown, Jr. I thought, hmm...that's a good one. So I wrote it down. Eh.

No comments: