Friday, October 10, 2008

Uh oh

Today I pulled out the maternity jeans to wear. Not necessarily because I needed the extra room, but because the only other "good" pair of jeans I own are currently waiting to be washed. It has been a long week that included 2 nights of parent-teacher conferences.

I went to work this morning (a non-student, but conference and inservice day) and told my friend Pam who knows I'm pregnant that I got a new pair of jeans, *wink wink.* She said she noticed, and that I'm starting to show. Yikes. This scares me. Obviously she knows so she's more aware of it, but I work with 50+ women. Women who like to speculate. If she can tell, who else can? And really, I'd like to think it's not my belly that's showing, but my width.

My ideal plan is to wait until the 27th to tell my principal, and then make the obligatory whole-school announcement at the next staff meeting. Really, I'm quite sick of keeping this a secret. I almost feel withdrawn because I don't want people to suspect. I know that I'll act more like myself once I just tell everyone. Then once I tell the staff, I have to tell my students soon after. I'm not really looking forward to that. I'm not sure why--I just don't feel comfortable telling them yet. Maybe they'll be a little more respectful and quiet if they know there's a baby in the room (if you don't already know, I've got a very challenging and widespread group this year). Eh, probably not.

I put a poll over on the right side, just for fun. Additional info you may want to consider before you vote:
On the 13th, I'll be 12.5 weeks. My principal will only be there on Monday--she's gone the rest of the week.
The week of the 20th, I'll be 13.5 and into 14 weeks (2nd trimester starts at 13 weeks, 3 days)
On the 27th, I'll be 14.5 weeks
I have my second OB appointment on the Friday 24th.

On a good note, conferences are over!

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

Yikes woman on your friend! :|

I vote the 27th, then we'll both tell on the same day. :)