Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby appointment stats and another dream

At my 34w appointment on Friday, everything was still looking good:

My weight: Up another 4 lbs since last time. Total: 24 lbs. While this is still just fine and dandy and perfect, I am not going to attempt to indulge in my cupcake cravings anymore when there's just disappointment on the other end anyway. Back to eating more veggies!
BP: good
Belly measurement: on track
Baby's HR: 150ish
Baby's weight: Midwife guessed about 4 lbs. That's smaller than last week's cantaloupe comparison, but maybe 4 lbs = 4.75 lbs in her world. Not worried.
Baby's position: Still head down

We start weekly cervix checks at my next appointment, which is in 2 weeks. Should be good times.

Last night I had a dream that we were getting ready to leave the hospital with our baby. I still didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. The nurse brought the birth certificate to us in a white paper lunch bag. Through the bag, I could see a pink piece of paper, indicating it was a girl. I looked at the name, and it was hacked to pieces! A horrid, horrid spelling. I told the nurse, "this has got to be fixed right now." She came back with the new one, and the first name was right, but the middle name was still wrong, so she had to go back and fix it again. I remember feeling slightly disappointed that it was a girl, but only because I love the boy name we have picked out more than I love the girl name. But maybe this dream is meant to reassure me that the girls name really is one I love enough to fight for. Apparently the baby class we attended Friday night and all of yesterday (more details about that tomorrow morning) scared me into thinking that we're going to be SO BUSY at the hospital after the baby is born that we will not even have time to find out the sex of our baby, or properly spell out the name for the birth certificate!

No comments: