Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weird baby dream

Last night I had a weird/interesting baby dream. Here's how it went down, the best I can remember:

I went to the chiropractor, but it was definitely not the same building or the same receptionist lady working there. First I got a "facial." It was basically a sticky mask thing I put on my face myself and had to let it sit there for awhile. I don't remember ever taking it off. The mask stuff was also on my hands, but I was told I couldn't wash it off. It dried into a cornstarchy paste.

I sat on the couch waiting for my appointment FOREVER. Dr. S was there, but apparently not taking patients. I had to wait for Dr. P. While I waited, I looked down at my belly and felt the baby's hand move diagonally across. I knew it was a hand because I could feel it opening and closing. I reached for it and could feel the little fingers, and I kind of "held" it. That part was so cool. Then things started to get weird. Without explanation (because dreams are weird), all of  a sudden I was actually holding my baby's hand. It's arm had come out of  a hole in my belly. Not a gross-looking hole, just a hole in my skin. Then I realized that the baby was actually coming out. Not out of the belly hole (thank GOD! I don't want any Alien-esque nightmares). I didn't feel any pain at all. Then it was out, and I was holding it (yeah....it. No gender shots in this dream). I wasn't sure what to do. It was dark outside. Dr. S. had gone to sleep in his office, the receptionist had left, and I couldn't find Dr. P. Another patient walked in, and it was time for his appointment. He found Dr. P. in his office, which wasn't an office, but instead a messy bedroom, and Dr. P. didn't look like Dr. P. at all. I walked in there with the other patient and I'm holding my baby. Nobody seemed shocked or anything. The baby's not crying, but it's pink-colored, so I assume it's breathing. The umbilical cord is still attached. I'm wondering why nobody else thinks this is weird. And then I wake up. Crazy huh?

No comments: