Monday, March 30, 2009

March showers bring April babies!

On Saturday I had my second shower, hosted by 4 of my most wonderful friends. We had good eats like cinnamon wrap ups (not sure of the correct name--one of you help me out here), other wrap-ups, an edible arrangement, cheese & crackers, veggies, sherbet punch, etc. We played fun games like guess the baby food and guess the nursery rhyme. I bombed guessing the baby food, but I totally rocked the nursery rhymes. Thanks Mom and Dad for the background knowledge.

Everything we got will be loved and used and appreciated very much. We got the car seat (whew!), the changing table, changing table pad, super cute clothes, homemade blankets--2 crocheted, and 1 rag quilt--toys, teethers, books, a Moby Wrap, a Boppy, storage bins, bath stuff, etc. Baby Rain will surely be very loved by his "aunties" and their moms; I have no doubts about that.
Aunties, L to R Top: Laura, Steph, Brooke
Aunties, L to R Bottom: Leah, me, Kristin, Jess (and baby friend Nolan)
Big weekend ahead! A family shower and (cross your fingers!) the possible completion of the nursery! Eep!

2 comments:

Nlvaden said...

Did you all plan on matching like that? It made the picture turn out really nice.

AJ said...

nlvaden, funny you ask. As we were getting ready to take the picture, it dawned on us how we all dressed in dark clothes. But I agree, the picture turned out fabulously :)