Sunday, March 22, 2009

Finally a little organization!

The baby project for the weekend was assembling 1 of 2 closets. The clothes closet is going in in 2 weeks by my dad, but the toy closet we decided to tackle ourselves.

The original concept, which was a self-designed ambitious mixture of different divisible-by-12 cubes, some of which are tall, some of which are wide, and some of which hold fabric baskets (hence the small rectangular "handles"):
turned out to be very different than the much less awe-inspiring end product.:
In my heart, I hope this isn't the end product, because I really loved my cube design. However, since my husband nearly gave up and walked away mid-measuring, sawing, and drilling just for this simple number due to crooked walls, uneven drill holes, uneven cuts, etc., I shall wait patiently and see if the vertical parts are necessary for the future. We're not sure how we'd pull them off.

See that pile of adorable baby clothes, 2nd shelf from the top? I'm so excited to wash and hang those up in just 14 or so more days when the other closet is done. All in all, I'm just really glad that all of this stuff isn't piled inside of the crib or on the bookshelf we are temporarily storing in baby's room anymore. Now if Rain or Raina (uh...by the way, have you cast your vote yet?) decides to come early, he or she will at least have an empty crib to come home to. And by empty, I mean it doesn't have a mattress yet. :-/ Yikes.

Oh, and I found out today that our neighbors, who are about our age, just had a baby! Their baby girl came early. She was supposed to be born right around the same time Rain/Raina is. Maybe our kiddos will be good friends. Or at least ride the bus to school together. Either way.

Back to school tomorrow. Spring break is over. I only have about a month left and I'm outta there! :D

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

That is a lovely diagram and a fantastic pic of progress!